Cleaning for a Reason is one of my favorite services we offer. It feels good to give and it also makes my heart hurt for the women who are fighting their fight.
Cleaning For A Reason is a non profit organization that provides free residential cleaning services to women battling cancer.
It’s like smiling through tears. It’s rewarding and heart wrenching.
All at the same time.
- Seeing kids art work decorating a fridge
- Family Pictures where you see the beautiful woman that is the family glue, their rock, their number #1
- Dusting picture frames with sweet little faces in them
- Wiping tiny goober hand prints from front door glass
- Hoping the service we give her that day will make her week a little more restful
- Hoping the service we give will make her smile even for a moment
- The woman whose house you are cleaning really appreciates it, and I mean really appreciates.
- The woman you are helping doesn’t want to ask her mother in law, sister, best friend or neighbor. She doesn’t want to trouble them. But the service you are giving is a true gift to her.
- Helping a Mother who is not only exhausted from her job, and her kids’ activity schedule.. but from the Chemo or Radiation Treatment that just sucks the energy from her body.
- Seeing the Prescribed medicine occupy space on the counter that she needs during her treatments.
- Vacuuming around an oxygen machine and tubes
- Noticing her oven is as clean as it was a month ago because she doesn’t have the energy to cook.
- Moving the ‘all natural’ products to the side of the counter to the other to clean and realizing she probably switched to these the second she got the news of her cancer
- Knowing she had to humble herself to register for the help you are giving her and someone who is typically in control of all things in her household is trusting you to take care of what she wishes she had the strength to.
- Knowing the struggle this woman is facing makes anything that you used to think constituted a ‘bad day’ look like a vacation.