Among our cleaning team, we all voted Murphy Oil Soap as our favorite all purpose general cleaner. It is not a disinfectant, but does a great job on base boards, office furniture...including chairs and sides/fronts/tops of desks...and MUCH more! Murphy Oil has been around for a long time and it is timeless. The scent is not only fresh and clean but lasting.
DID I MENTION THAT THIS IS A MULTI-PURPOSE CLEANER?
Product Rating: Pros: Biodegradable. Cleans wood like no other product. Has multiple uses. Inexpensive.
The Bottom Line: This ancient product can't be beat for cleaning wood and wax build-up. It also has other uses around the office, house and yard.
Murphy’s Oil Soap has been around for eons, over a hundred years. It comes to us from the Colgate/Palmolive Company, originally founded in the early 1800’s.
This product is biodegradable and contains a principal natural ingredient, Potassium Soap of Vegetable Oil, combined with sodium EDTA, propylene glycol and fragrance. It comes in a no frills, transparent, 16fl oz, plastic bottle with a screw off cap. The cleaner is a translucent pale tan color with a unique, pleasant fragrance. Average price per small bottle = $3.99. Simply Cleaner uses the Commercial Grade version which is purchased in a larger bottle, you can find these at Menards and Sams as well as any Janitorial Supply Company.
Surprisingly, I found out that this product is not just for cleaning wood. It is actually a household cleaner that takes care of a multiple of tasks around the house and yard:
· Safely cleans inside the refrigerator without harming the enamel
· Cleans the kitchen floor (tile, linoleum/vinyl, or wood!), cabinets, cupboards, countertops, and even the kitchen sink
· Easily removes dust and build-up on countertops and fixtures
· Safely cleans painted surfaces
· Cleans walls and doors around light switches and doorknobs
· Safely and gently cleans cribs, highchairs, playpens, toys, vinyl mattresses, and mats. It leaves no harmful residue behind -- only its fresh smell.
· Clean walls and painted furniture
· Makes a great pre-spotter, especially on organic stains like grass, blood, and soil. Just apply Murphy's directly to the stain, rub into the fabric, and wash as usual. Cuts through grease, lipstick, and ink on fabrics. For tough stains, spritz thespot and let soak for a few hours.
· Removes dirt and mildew on outdoor furniture
· Safely cleans plastic and wicker
About the Owner:
"Worthwhile work is a belief an individual has when the tasks they perform, no matter how